Search This Blog

Sunday 11 May 2014

The Eurovision song contest 2014

Heyy Bloggers
 
well last night was the return of the Eurovision song contest 2014 and as most of Europe may know the winner was conchita wurst from Austria with the song "fly like a phoenix". so well done Austria and well done to everyone for competing in either the semi final and the grand final and it was yet again a fantastic show. My countries representative was Molly Smitten-Downes and she had a song called children of the universe which came in 17th place out of 26 which considering our recent form in the contest is an OK placing. so well done Molly! our commentators for the semi final was bbc radio 1's Scott mills and the I'm a celebrity get me out of here now presenter Laura Whitmore and for the grand final our commentator was Graham Norton in which made a few jokes of the actual Danish hosts of the contest but they managed to get him back at surprise him when they said thank you to all of the commentators and  brought the television camera into his booth and sprayed confetti all over his booth and him.
In this years Eurovision this year was pretty much dominated by ballads or slower paced songs which kind of disappointed me as I quite like the faster songs and the novelty acts that to me is only unique to Eurovision and this year in my opinion I found that most of the acts took it too seriously  Also this year on the bbc red button service we had the return of the sing along feature which I quite enjoy as when any of the songs come on the lyrics come onto the screen and you can sing along in either the original language the song is in our in English.
 
unfortunately the country in last place this year was France with a song called "moustache" which gained a grand total of 2 points which I though was quite unfair because to be honest I quite liked the song and I found it quite funny
another one of my favourites was Iceland's entry from Pollaponk  unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the song but it was quite a jazzy number and was about stopping prejudice and they were wearing block colours on stage and even off stage in there other clothing i.e onesies and I found that quite refreshing. Another surprise of the contest well to me anyway was that Ireland failed to qualify for the grand final in which they have only failed to qualify for four years since they started entering the contest.
 
Hosting the actual show from Copenhagen in Denmark was two male presenters and one female presenter now I quite liked the male presenters I thought they bounced well off of each other but however the female presenter was quite wooden  but she did do a good job nonetheless.
 
That's all bloggers and thank you Copenhagen for putting on a marvellous show and see you next year in Austria :)
 
Bye Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment