Search This Blog

Sunday 11 May 2014

Comedy DVD Reviews :D

Heyy Bloggers,. Well today blogger's I am going to be reviewing 2 DVD's from my stand up comedy collection and then rating them out of 5. These reviews are completely my own point of view and I haven't been asked or paid by anybody to review these DVD's I am just doing this because I want to.

The First DVD that I am going to review is Jon Richardson - Funny Magnet 
The cover of this DVD looks like this.... 
I find this DVD quite a change from as the tone of this DVD is quite calming compared to a few other DVD's because Jon Richardson isn't hyperactive or really angry during some of there routines he is just known as being really grumpy and moans about the slightest niggle that plays on his mind and then he manages to overthink them and then take it out into the world and becomes even more irate when he spots it in the outside world. But the best thing about his annoyances they are at things that all of us become annoyed at from time to time i.e washing up many times on television and in this show he definitely states that he likes everything just so and everything has it's place. I find this a calming DVD because it is all done at a nice settled tempo and it is quite nice that he doesn't go and have a angry tantrum about his irritations and I find that to be easy watching. the certificate rating of the DVD is 15 which I do agree with as there is strong language used within this DVD and there is a couple of sexual references also used
The extras on the DVD is a live at the Apollo performance that does feature some of the material that is featured on the DVD
overall I enjoyed the DVD but the extras could use a bit work so I am going to give this DVD
 
main feature 4/5  Extras 3/5
 
The other DVD I am going to be reviewing today is going to be Joe Pasquale - The everything I have ever done & the first of many goodbye tours DVD

 
This DVD is a little bit unconventional because this DVD is a hybrid because it mixes comedy and magic!! of course its Joe Pasquale This DVD like all of Pasquale's work are old school family friendly Entertainment and this DVD I find very joyful to watch and the best bit about this DVD that anybody from the ages of 8-80 will be able to watch this and will be able to laugh at something within the main feature of the DVD The only problem I have with this DVD is that this DVD has a certificate 12 rating and if you have watched this DVD you will realise that there is 1 thing in the whole 90 minutes of the feature that would be acceptable for that rating I would have personally rated this DVD with a PG rating (Parental Guidance) 
The extra's of this DVD is a video diary of Joe on tour and what get's up to whilst travelling from venue to venue on the tour and this extra last's approximately 30 minutes which i find is long enough because any longer on that extra it might have became too long. The other Extra on this DVD is the show with an audio commentary from Joe himself don't see the need for audio commentary on DVD's especially if they are talking over there own show all the way through. 

I really like the main feature of this DVD a lot and I will give this 5/5 however the extras of this DVD are a tiny bit dissopointing so I am going to give them 4/5


that's all bloggers I hope you enjoyed the reviews
Bye Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment